Wednesday, August 31, 2016

WIP Wednesday

So I have a MASSIVE queue of things I want to get done for myself and I'm starting to think about what Christmas presents I would like to make for people in an ideal world where I have lots of focused making time. I've learnt from past experience that having too many things on the go just doesn't work for me. I end up with them strewn about all over the place and not one actually gets finished. So at the minute I have just three things going. 


My first new project is another pair of socks I've just cast on. This time they are a present for my long suffering partner. I'm using West Yorkshire Spinners 4ply again in Blue Raspberry with a bit of the leftover Turmeric for the heels and toes. The pattern is quite a straight forward one called Emily's Favourite Socks by Emily Foden.


My second bigger project is a new jumper for winter for myself. I'm trying a pattern called Tea with Jam and Bread by Heidi Kirrmaier. I'm only at the gauge swatch stage for this one as I'm going to have to go up a needle size for my tight stitches so I'm waiting for new ones to arrive along with some more yarn in the contrasting colours I want to use for this.


The third thing I'm doing is a quick repair job. I bought a cool shirt from the charity shop but it had been fairly badly damaged. I decided it was worth the time to make it good so I'm repairing a damaged seam, unpicking a chopped off bottom section (I'm not sure if this was a frill or a skirt) and re-hemming it, and I may also change the plain buttons on it for something a bit more fun.

So that's everything for this week. Happy Making!
Post a Comment

You might also like..