Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Documented Life Project - Week 16


April Theme: colour safari (exploring inks and paints)
Challenge: gelli plate
Prompt: a lot on my plate

I don't own a gelli plate and whilst I have wanted one for a while it's not top of my list of things to spend money on so I improvised and used a sheet of glass for the monoprinting. I also don't have any good inks or paints for printing with, acrylics was the best I could manage which isn't ideal as they dry too fast. I didn't particularly enjoy this process because of these limitations. I did some printing as the base layer but ended up going over much of it anyway, very little is still visible in the finished page. I ignored the prompt as usual. I really am finding them pointless. Instead there was a bit of an Edgar Allan Poe reference because I've been watching The Following which brought it to mind and who doesn't love a good bit of the supernatural?






Post a Comment

You might also like..