Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Documented Life Project - Week Three



January Theme: The blank page and how to face it
Week Three Challenge: The Colour Wheel
Week Three Prompt: "I found I could say things with colour & shapes that I couldn't say any other way..." Georgia O'Keefe

I think I'm finished with this page, however I did think I was done yesterday and got as far as photographing it but then when I left it for a few hours and came back to it I added a bit more. So I think I'm done but I may come back to it again. I've enjoyed this prompt the most so far. It's been really dark and miserable weather for the last couple of weeks so the colour was a welcome relief, although it has been difficult to photograph. If I hang on and wait for better light though I could be here until July so bugger that. I started with the basic colour wheel but soon added plenty more. I did a small abstract watercolour and added some journalling. I also used some found objects from my stash, acrylics, gesso, inks, biro, this really is a mixed media page.


I have to say I am loving this art pad so far. It's a Strathmore mixed media pad and it is taking everything I'm throwing at it. I didn't get the recommended pad for this year's Documented Life Project as it looked nice but was really expensive to get hold of. I took a chance on this one after searching about. I'm fussy about paper and hadn't tried this before but it's fab. I'll certainly get one again. I also got a smaller size than the Dina Wakley book as I knew I would struggle to find the time to fill bigger pages and I really didn't want to give up halfway through. I'm all caught up now though, my week 4 page is well under way.


Post a Comment

You might also like..