Thursday, March 27, 2014

E's Valentine's Heart



I had an idea to make a little fabric heart for the kiddo for Valentine's Day to hang in his room. Around the time I was planning what to use out of my stash to make it I saw these adorable tiny felt heart charms over at The Purl Bee.


So cute, and I loved the idea of putting a little pocket on the front to hide messages. I already had some lovely hand dyed felt sitting in a box upstairs so I thought making something similar would be a simple matter. I made my heart bigger as the plan in my head was to make him a new heart each year to hang in his room (at least until he's too old for it to be cool any more) so that he'll end up with a little collection. I also added a couple of buttons for decoration as he has a button obsession at the minute and can resist playing with them.



I'm really happy with the way it turned out and he loves playing with it. Success!


Post a Comment

You might also like..