Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Crochet Lamp Cover

Well the rain seems here to stay so for now I've given up on outdoor painting. There's not much free time at the minute and I'm finding it frustrating not having large enough blocks of it to get on with the indoor projects I've currently got going. I decided to start yet another project, even though I promised myself I wouldn't until something was finished, but I chose a small, quick to complete one that satisfies my creative urges.

I've had a small mathmos colour change lamp for ages but it's got a frosted glass shade that's been scuffed during house moves and so it was relegated to a box until I could decide what to do with it. Having seen tons of cool crochet covered objects on pinterest I thought this would be an ideal candidate. How hard could it be?



Turns out it wasn't hard at all. I raided my wool stash and found some left over neutrals and just began with a circle. Then just added more rows in whatever pattern I felt like. If I didn't like the way a row was looking I just pulled it back and did something different. It's actually two colours as I ran out of the grey wool half way so the underneath is more a cream colour and in a thicker yarn but I'm so happy with the way it came out. When it's not lit it sits there like a cute woolly mushroom and in the evening it has pretty colours and pattern. It only took a day and that was with the usual baby interruptions. I think it would only be a couple of hours work really. Now I'm looking around wondering what else I can cover in crochet...


Post a Comment

You might also like..