Friday, June 22, 2012

New Look, Old Jacket

I've had a cream jacket in my wardrobe for years. It hardly ever gets worn any more. Not because I don't like it but because I have another cream jacket in just the same style but a different fabric which I like better. Consequently this poor jacket always gets over looked. I've been meaning to do something with it for ages and finally got round to it last week.

Firstly I decided to dye it a different colour. It was going to be grey (I used one of the dylon cold water dyes) but after I finished and dried it I thought I'd run it through the washing machine and it turned it a cool greeny bluey grey - happy accident. I decided to keep the buttons, and just sew them on with different thread. The flower I bought ages ago at a quilt show just because I liked it, it goes perfectly with the new colour so I made it into a brooch for it. Now I just need some actual warm weather so I can wear it!










Post a Comment

You might also like..