The sewing mojo is strong right now and although I have a half-finished Kalle Shirt I wanted something simpler and quicker to sew. I really want to use up some of my old stash and I need new pyjamas so I settled on the Tilly and the Buttons Margot Pyjamas. I've made a test pair before and they were a good fit but I didn't like the drawstring waist or the order of construction so I changed that this time round. I opted for sewing a pair of shorts first as I didn't have enough fabric to make them full length. After managing to sew the wrong pieces together twice I finally got them done. I was happy with the sewing but they just didn't fit well.
The waist was plenty big enough, and the front had more than enough room but there was just not enough ease across the back. They were fine to move about in but really uncomfortable to lie in which is a major problem for pyjamas. I think I must have put on a little more weight since the last pair I made or it could be because these sit much higher with having an elastic waist instead of a tie. Either way I revisited my unpicker and let out what I could with the seams, put splits in the sides and made the elastic waist bigger so they would sit lower on my hips. They could still do with being made shorter by about an inch but it's not a big deal so I'll adjust the next ones.
As is typical in the UK the brief warm weather has since vanished and been replaced by freezing cold so I haven't properly tested out the changes. I had cut out a long version at the same time as the shorts. I didn't need a lot of extra ease so I sewed these up with a smaller seam allowance and again made the waist elastic a little looser so they didn't come right up to my waist. These fit really well. I should have hemmed them a little shorter as they are quite long but that's ok. I think I need a pair for every day of the week!